Google Analytics is changing day by day.
Hence to make the analytics process even easier and efficient for the users, Google recently introduced a new way to set up Google Analytics, Google Global site tag.
Google Global Site Tags are new scripts that will help in setting up google analytics.
In this post, we will find out what the global site tag(gtag.js) is and why we need it? Also if you are looking for Adwords management services in Noida then we are here to help you out.
What is a Global Site Tag(gtag.js)?
Global Google site tag is the most advanced and efficient way of tagging your web pages. With the introduction of this Tag, all other Google tags will be replaced on your site, and hence it will work as a single source to connect all of them.
From now onwards, users would have to pick up the gtag.js script instead of the universal analytics script and place it in the < Head> Tag on every page of your website.
This unique Tag will work with every Google product such as Adwords, Firebase, Google Analytics, and more.
How does Google Site Tag work?
The purpose of the Google Site tag is to provide a unique tag for your website to manage all your Google products such as Google Analytics, Adwords, Firebase, GTM, and more.
Moreover, there are several differences between the gtag.js and the universal analytic Tag. With the help of Google site tag, every working process will be changed, from pageview tracking to event tracking and many more.
You would be able to send data to multiple analytics properties efficiently.
Three-step work process of Google Site Tag:
- Comes with a simplified installation process.
- One single script will be managing and working with all your Google products.
- Users would be able to get started with their Google products sooner by integrating gtag.js.
Benefits of using the Global Site tag on your website:
There are several benefits of using global site tag on your website, which is as follows:
- Simplified website tagging:
The Global Google Site tag is a centralized script with the help of getting simplified website tagging for all your Google products. You need to paste the script on your web pages, and that’s it.
- Streamlined process:
It helps you in the easy configuration of all your Google Products; this will create a streamlined process for you.
- Event data:
The previous Google Analytics tag only sent data to Google Analytics. While on the other hand, the Google Global Site tag offers you to send event data to each Google tool you are using.
- Understanding user behavior:
Google Global site tag helps you better understand your user behavior while on the website. Hence it directly positively affects your conversion rates.
How to setup & install Global Site Tag(gtag.js)?
For setting up the Global Site tag on your website, firstly, you need to fetch the tracking code, which you can find as follows:
- Open your Google Analytics account.
- Move to the Admin section.
- Please pick up an account and then select a particular Property from their respective lists.
- Under the Property section, move to Tracking Info and then fetch the Tracking Code.
- Scroll down to the page, and you would be able to find out your Global Site Tag from the Website Tracking section.
- Copy the Global Site Tag and then paste it after the < Head> Tag of your every web page.
Easily installing Global Site Tag(gtag.js) on a WordPress website using Monsterinsights:
Monsterinsights is the best Google Analytics plugin for WordPress websites, and if you are also using Monsterinsights, then here are the steps you need to follow for setting up a Global site tag:
- Sign up for Google Tag Manager.
- Click on the Create Account button if you don’t have an account.
- Under the Container Setup, you can give a container name and move forward with the Target platform choose Web.
- Click on Create.
- Agree to the terms and conditions.
- Within a few seconds, you will be given a tracking code snippet to enter onto your website.
- This is the Global Site tag, and paste the code onto the < Head> section of your WordPress site.
Google Global Site Tag: One Tag for everything
Google Global Site Tag is an excellent introduction by Google, as there are several users facing issues with setting up Google Analytics and tracking features for other Google Products too.
With Global Site Tag, you just need this one script for every Google Platform. Hence it makes the overall process of integrating very easy and streamlined.