Niacinamide – no matter how hard it is to pronounce this miraculous ingredient, it is worth keeping it in your skincare ritual. This power-packed essential is now turning out to be a game-changer in the skin-care aisle. From serums to moisturizers, Niacinamide containing products are leaving everyone impressed with their versatile nature and suitability for all skin types. Such is the charm that even those with oily skin can’t help but add Niacinamide as a key ingredient in their daily skincare routine.
But what exactly is this Niacinamide? And what are the reasons that it can be considered your best friend forever? Read on to know!
What is Niacinamide?
Niacinamide, or Vitamin B3 as it is also known, is a water-soluble vitamin that is not essentially synthesized by our body. This means we need to take in this vitamin via food or apply it topically on the skin.
This nutrient works with the natural substances to offer amazing skin benefits such as improving uneven skin tone, fading acne scars, tightening pores, softening the wrinkles, reducing dullness, and repairing skin damage. Not just this, Niacinamide can also reduce the impact of pollution by improving the skin’s barrier.
This unique vitamin can combine with almost all skincare products, even those containing retinol, vitamin C, peptides, AHAs, BHA, and other types of antioxidants. This is why Niacinamide is often used as a key ingredient in skin care products like serums, face creams, and moisturizers.
Reasons Why It’s Best For Oily Skin Types
Although Niacinamide has numerous benefits for multiple skin types, it is a dream come true for oily skin. Here is why:
- Regulates the Oil: Niacinamide is known for its oil-balancing properties. When applied topically, it can regulate the amount of oil secreted by sebaceous glands in our skin. Niacinamide works on the skin barrier to lock in the excess oil and promotes clear and hydrated skin.
- Decreases Pore Size: Oily skin and enlarged pores go hand-in-hand. And together, they bring lots of acne, pigmentation, and uneven skin texture. By using Niacinamide daily, you can effectively reduce the pore size to get smooth and radiant skin. This also saves your pores from getting clogged up with dust and dirt from everyday pollution. With clean and closed pores, you can enjoy glowing skin every day.
- Reduces Acne: By regulating the oil production and fighting the bacteria with its anti-inflammatory properties, Niacinamide helps you in keeping acne at bay. It is also beneficial in lightening the acne marks by improving the skin’s barrier and reduces inflammation; resulting in lesser acne. For best results, try Niacinamide serum by brands like The Derma Co. Its 10% Niacinamide Serum is known to reduce acne marks. Try it and see visible results in just a few weeks!
- Diminishes Signs of Ageing: What if you can reverse your aging along with a no-oil look? Sounds amazing, doesn’t it? Just like our BFFs who take care of all our troubles, Niacinamide makes sure it goes beyond just saving you from the wrath of oily skin. It can help in skin hydration and reduce the fine lines and wrinkles from your face. It also restores skin’s firmness and reduces the early signs of aging.
- Promotes Healthy Skin: Niacinamide does not just solve your oil, acne, or aging issues; it can also work on making your skin healthier than ever. As it strengthens the skin barrier and thickens the topmost skin layer, it further prevents skin sensitivity, repairs it, and improves the synthesis of healthy fats for glowing skin.
Now that you know how wonderful Niacinamide is, there is no reason to wait to add it to your skincare routine. Just make sure you use the right products from trusted brands and there’s no chance it won’t live up to its BFF title!