When we talk about lean muscle gain, the only thing that we get to hear is protein. Yes! If you are someone who wants to gain a muscular physique, then you must feed on a good portion of protein. You can choose protein rich food items like eggs, chicken, lentils, milk, beans, etc. You can also go for highly nutritious protein supplements that are loaded with protein, vitamins and minerals. However, eating the same type of foods and following the same old bland diet plan can sometimes be really boring even if they are super healthy. We have come up with some nutritious recipes that will not only satiate your protein needs but will also help you to taste some delicious dishes.
Let us first know why protein is so important for your body:
- Protein in any form can help to build ad develop muscles muscles
- Regular usage of protein rich foods or whey protein isolate supplements can help to reduce fatigue and improve your performance
- Protein consumption can help to improve your energy levels
- It can help to improve the recovery timing of muscles and tissues
- Some protein supplements are also rich in vitamins and minerals that support boosting of immunity
- Protein rich foods like milk, cheese, whey protein, etc. are good source of calcium that can help to strengthen your bones and teeth
Without wasting much time, let us dive into the tasty world of protein:
- Fruits Overloaded Protein Shake
Who does not like to enjoy a chilled shake with the punch of sweet and tangy fruits? If we can add more nutrients to the same and cut down the extra sugar, then this shake would be the ideal one to satiate your taste buds as well as give your body the essential micro and macro nutrients that it needs.
To make a fruits overloaded protein shake you will need:
- 1 ripe banana (medium sized)
- 4 blueberries
- 100 ml Almond milk
- Half apple (medium sized)
- 2 scoops of protein powder (unflavoured)
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon flax seeds
- 2 dates (seedless)
- 2 walnuts
- 2 cashews
- 3 to 4 black raisins
Chop the apple into fine slices and in a mixing jar put the protein powder, bananas, raisins, apple, berries, chia seeds, flax seeds, dates and almond milk. Once the ingredients are mixed well garnish the shake with finely chopped walnuts and cashews. The fruits will add natural sweetness to the shake and, therefore you need to add any extra sweetening agent to it.
- Protein Uttapam
South Indian delicacies are an absolute favourite of almost everyone living in the country. Who would say no to a hot served uttapam or dosa? We have tried to make your regular uttapam more tasty and nutrient rich by adding some more protein source to the same.
To make a fruits overloaded protein uttapam you will need:
- One cup of split black gram (urad dal)
- One cup of green whole gram (sabut moong dal)
- Half cup of dry roasted beaten rice ( poha)
- 1 large sized onion (finely chopped)
- 1 tomato (finely chopped)
- Coriander leaves (finely chopped)
- Half capsicum (finely chopped)
- Half teaspoon of coconut oil
- One tablespoon of salt
- 2 to 3 finely chopped green chillies
Soak the pulses for 6 to 7 hours and then blend them properly. Once blended keep the same for another 6 to 7 hours and let it ferment. In a blender put the beaten rice and convert it into fine powder, this will add crispness to your uttapam. Once the fermentation process is done, add all the above mentioned vegetables, beaten rice powder and spices to the fermented mixture. Take a pan, grease it with oil, heat it, pour the batter and spread it properly. Wait for 5 to 10 minutes and your tasty protein uttapam is ready to be served hot.
- Oatmeal Protein Bar
Oats might not sound so tasty to most of us, but no wonder it is one of the healthiest foods that you can have. Not only is it rich in fiber but a very good source of essential nutrients, making it one of the most chosen healthy food options among fitness enthusiasts around the world. Here we will help you make a tasty and healthy homemade protein bar using oatmeal.
- One cup of roughly crushed oatmeal
- 5 to 6 seedless dates
- 8 to 10 roughly crushed almonds
- 8 to 10 roughly crushed walnuts
- 10 to 12 raisins
- A fistfull of crushed peanuts
- 2 tablespoons of honey
Mix all the ingredients in a mixing bowl first. On a baking tray spread butter paper and if you want you can grease it with butter/ olive oil or just leave it. Pour scoops of the mixture and try to flatten it in the form of bars. Preheat your oven for 10 minutes and then place the tray and again bake the bars for 5 to 10 minutes 180 degree centigrade.
- Chocolate Almond Protein Shake
Shakes are everyone’s favourite and when chocolate shakes, then no one can resist sipping them. The one thing that can keep fitness enthusiasts worrying about is the high sugar content in these shakes and especially if you are on a slimming spree, then you would definitely love to enjoy a healthier version of the same.
- Chocolate protein powder (2 scoops)
- 200 ml almond milk
- 5 to 6 almonds
In a blending jar, put all the ingredients and blend it for 1 minute to avoid any kind of lump formation. You can add ice if you wish to enjoy a chilled chocolate shake.
Conclusion: These easy to make and super delicious protein recipes can be made within half an hour. You can try to include some healthy add ons to these recipes to enhance the taste as per your choice. Make sure not to add unnecessary stuff like extra sugar, carbs, etc. just to satiate your taste buds. Try making these recipes at home and do not forget to let us know how you enjoyed them. If you have any new ideas than share with us, we would love to hear from you.