Motocross or dirt biking is one of the most physically demanding outdoor sports. It is a form of motorcycle racing that takes place on off-road circuits. It takes the dirt bike racing discipline on a wider course that is found outside the confines of a stadium. The most essential protective gears that motocross riders must have are a helmet, boots, goggles, pants, gloves, knee and elbow protectors, body armor, etc.
Taking these things into the picture, let’s have a look at some of the protective gears.
These essential gears are specifically designed for motocross or dirt bike riders:
- Full Face Helmet: This is one of the most important parts of a rider’s protective gear kit. It’s very critical to protect your face and chin from fall or crash. As per various reports, head injuries are the major cause of death and disability among motorcyclists, with a major percentage of these injuries leading to fatalities. Thus, a motocross rider should definitely invest in a high-quality, full-face helmet for the safety of their every ride.
- Boots: Racing boots are very different from regular boots, and thus, these two should not be confused or used for the opposite purposes. These are crucial protective gear like the helmet, and they offer protection to your feet, ankles, shins, and calves. When it comes to motocross, your legs are in the line of fire for injuries. Racing boots will protect you from the impacts of crashing and prevent your foot from getting sprained or twisted.
- Jackets: Racing jackets or leather biker jackets acts as a protective layer to protect your skin from getting scratched to a great extent. They are typically full sleeves and protect the skin from rain, sunburn, and dust. It is advisable to use a jacket designed for motocross or dirt bike racing, as these will prove to be more abrasion resistant than regular ones.
- Gloves: Dirt bike gloves help prevent cuts, bruises, burns and abrasions. It also gives the rider a better grip. The padding helps lessen the vibration the rider feels in the hands and thus, increases efficiency and endurance.
- Neck and Knee Braces: Neck braces have become quite common and essential in recent years and help preventing multiple spinal cord injuries during crashes. Similarly, knee braces help prevent life long injuries, which can even end in immobility. For both these braces, it’s important to go for brands that are specialised in manufacturing motocross protective gears for optimum protection and prevention.
High Note Performance is the ultimate website for motorcycle gear, accessories, and parts. From helmets, jackets, and boots to various motorcycle parts, everything is available on this website. It is definitely the most trusted website to buy protective gears for dirt bike riders. If you’re in need of dirt riding gears from trusted and reliable brands, High Note Performance will definitely equip you with a variety of choices that will refuse to tear away! Visit their website now.
Also Read: Motorcycle Trailer Hitch